RSS Feed is a syndication of the content of website as feed from the existence of the website itself for the purpose of publicity and recognition more broadly. What is associated with a web-based publication that became the most well known until this day is google. But to be positioned on top, google does not alone. Google have much friendship with a a very wide network of syndicate. Therefore without any doubt to make us use the RSS Feedburner. RSS Feedburner complete with a management tool, the visitor traffic analysis, facilitate the public to subscribe. By using RSS Feedburner the content of the site will be more easily recognized by google.
Joomla as a Content Mangement System (CMS) based of websites has extensions developer that very much. Provide you the extensions many kind of RSS Feed, any freeware or shareware. But in this time I will introduce how to make RSS Feed module without using extension by using module of custom HTML, in this case you must have the address of your feed by Feedburner.
Making Account Feedburner
1. Go to Feedburner and login by your google account. Insert the url of joomla website that you have and then click next button as shown by the left and middle of the pictures bellow. At identify feed source select the type feed as shown like the right picture below.
2. Rss Feed address will be made immediately, click next button as the left picture below, note the address feed just let you to remember. Then skip feed management first as shown by the right picture below. Go to settings Optimize feed, setup it as you need. If you don't understand, it doesn't matter if you skip it.
3. After that go to the Publicize, there are two facilities that I want to use here to make a RSS feed of joomla module. The first is Email Subscriptions and the second is Feedcount. Activate Email subscription, you will given the script code as the left picture bellow, copy the script will be require the next. Activate Feedcount, you will given the script as the right picture below and copy the script too, we will use the both script to create your own Rss Feed.
4. After setting the available feeds of your Feedburner, then you are going to open the joomla administrator, find the module manager, then click the new module as shown as the picture below. Select the module type as "Custom HTML" and insert widget code of the feed on the module. Fill the Module Setting as the right picture below! Position: select module position on your Joomla template. In this case i use the right module position in accordance with the joomla template module position.
5. Insert the code widget into the custom output form in html mode as shown as the picture below. Here I've made the code of the widget feed with The Email Subscriptions. You can use this widget code after change the feed link and address of the url joomla that you have. This is the widget code of the feed with email subcriptions.
<p align="center"><table border="0" cellspacing="1"> <tr> <td width="120"> <center><a href="http://agratitudesign.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default" target="_blank" title="Subscribe Via RSS"> <img src="http://agratitudesign.googlecode.com/svn/tags/rss feed.jpg" style="height: 115px; width: 115px;" /></a><a href="http://feeds.feedburner.com/AgratitudesignImpression"><img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~fc/AgratitudesignImpression?bg=000000&fg=ffffff&anim=0" height="26" width="88" style="border:0" alt="" /></a></center> </td> <td width="160"> <form style="border:1px solid #ccc;padding:3px;text-align:center;" action="http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify" method="post" target="popupwindow" onsubmit="window.open('http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=AgratitudesignImpression', 'popupwindow', 'scrollbars=yes,width=550,height=520');return true"><p>Enter your email address:</p><p><input type="text" style="width:140px" name="email"/></p><input type="hidden" value="AgratitudesignImpression" name="uri"/><input type="hidden" name="loc" value="en_US"/><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" /><p>Delivered by <a href="http://feedburner.google.com" target="_blank">FeedBurner</a></p></form> </td> </tr> </table></p>
After changes on the part of the red colour, insert the script to the custom output of joomla module form, and then click save. You can make changes by adjusting the position of the sequence module joomla position as shown as the left picture below. Then open your joomla site, If everything is doing right, the results as shown as the right picture below.
This is the only way that make you not require the extentions of joomla that only make your joomla site more large and weight. And you can optimize your Joomla website system if you just only need feed module. For more clearly let see the article video. Good luck!