With Google Code you can use as a additional file storage with maximum capacity until 2 GB with with unlimited bandwidth by google, you know. So if you want your website or blog loading more faster, google code can be help you as the best alternative way to keep your files or script code project that can be shared easily.
I will explain how to create the project of the google code as your own. The script code that is very long may, not all used during the first loading. If we put the long script code, we just need to put the of the script code project. Some hosting place with the lower price sometime will give you limited storage and bandwidth so the google code can be your choice to keep save your storage, reduce the consumption of your limited storage for your hosting place of your website. If you have blog, the long script code can be minify and make the process loading more faster.
1. Firstly go to Google Code and then you log in with your google account that you have. Then you create the file project as the address where you will place the script code or the extension files that you need to save.
2. Click on Create a New Project will shown like the left picture above. After that fill the new project form as shown like the right picture above, after you filled that form click create project button! The new project of yours have been created.
3. After your project was created, you need to find username and password that was given by google code that allow you to access the project through https address directly from you computer using TortoiseSVN. At the new project that was created, click Source tab then click on googlecode.com password as shown as the picture bellow. You can change the password by clicking on Regenerate password.
4. Install TortoiseSVN on your computer. You can go to http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html for download the installer. There are type of installer, select according with the specification of your computer and operation system. After you download you can install it by your self ( or you can see on the video) and then restart your computer. This is because tortoisesvn application integrated with the right click (shell command) menu on your operation system.
5. Add the following code into the config file of tortoisesvn that you already installed.
Right click on the desktop will shown as the right picture above, then click on the settings, will appear as the left picture below. Then click on edit button will show the config file of TortoiseSVN, that would be added as the very last code (at the bottom of “# Makefile = svn:eol-style=native”)with the new script code above. And then save the config file that you just change.
6. Hosting the file by right click again on desktop and select Repo-browser, will show like the left picture bellow. Insert the the url of your project with the the following url format!
After the project was loaded, drag the file that you want to upload into your https project window. The time is come to insert username and password of the project that you have. Give a checkbox on save authentication for the next not require login if you the file again.
To check the result on every files looks like, use the following format on your browser. You can use this format link, if you want to insert the file into your site code (http not https)
Something maybe, if you want to change the content of the file that you have uploaded. You can change by typing on your browser the following url format
For more details let’s see the article video. Unfortunetely google code will be turning down, prepare to use or move the project hosting to GitHub as the solution, I welcome you in Github Tutorial, see you!